Monday 5 September 2011

Some interface research.

I asked a few people this question:


 If you had an energy monitoring application on your phone or ipad etc. what kind of information would you like it to show besides your overall power usage?


to find out what some of my target audience would like and here are their responces:


-what elements of use use the most power, probably in receding order from most to least and maybe options of turning off certain applications that are using power unnecessarily?


- It'd be cool if it displayed power used in terms other then watts volts joules whatever. If it told me the power my phone was using in terms of a Big Mac that would be cool, as in "my phones running through a 3 Big Macs a month since I started playing angry birds".


- It'd be cool if it displayed power used in terms other then watts volts joules whatever. If it told me the power my phone was using in terms of a Big Mac that would be cool, as in "my phones running through a 3 Big Macs a month since I started playing angry birds".


- If you could scroll down your list of application and 'flick' the apps that are sucking power into a dormant mode area where they're turned off.  It'd also be good to see how much power is being used by 'dormant' but active things, like applications that auto sync on a regular basis.


 -if the phone could hold information about nominated applications for the month which could be downloaded. Info such as usage duration//cost & diff in cost if application had been used at a different time (peak/off peak etc).


From this I've noticed that people don't want to be told useless numbers and facts. Also that people want to be able to control their power rather than just know what is currently happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment